Cable Kickback Workout
Cable Kickback Workout is a glute isolation exercise that majorly impacts three muscles i.e. Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus Minimus, and Gluteus Medius.
It also impacts the hamstring, quads, calves, and core.
It is done with the help of ankle straps and a cable machine.
How to do it?
- Set the pulley as low as possible.
- Then attach the ankle straps to the ankle.
- Slightly move backward to lower your torso.
- Keep your working leg slightly (not much) forward than the base leg.
- Lower your torso to make it slightly parallel to the ground i.e. about 45 degrees to the ground (it should be comfortable for you).
- Bend your both legs a little bit.
- Then start by kicking back your leg as high as you can without arching the back, engaging your core, and contracting your glutes.
- Squeeze and pause when you reach the highest point.
- Then slowly come back to the starting position.
- Keep your Back straight throughout the motion.
- Repeat this for both legs.
- If your lifting medium to lower weight, you can do 12 to 15 reps, and if your lifting heavy, you can do 5 to 8 reps.
Cable Kickback Mistakes
- Arching your Back
Keep your back straight throughout the motion. Lower your chest. So, you can easily squeeze your glutes at the top without arching the back.
Arching the Back can lead to back pain.
- Half Range of Motion
Push your leg back as high as you can and then slowly return to the starting position where your working leg should be a little bit forward than your base leg.
Keep in mind, you are working on your glutes, not on your quads.
- Too much weight / Ego lifting
Lifting too much than your capacity can badly affect your form and leads to massive injury.
You can increase the weight as you progress.
- Exactly kicking
As its’ name suggests, you should not do just kicking, instead of swing your leg slowly without using momentum.
Benefits of Cable Kickback
- Improves Balance
When we do cable kickback, core muscles, calves, hamstring, quads muscles are stimulated to stabilize our body,
which improves our balance and leads to a better mind and body coordination.
- Make Your Booty round
The primary target of this exercise is the glutes. It is going to make our hip muscles look good.
If you want a round butt, start doing cable kickback. If you want a round booty, then you should give a try to exercises such as Glute bridge, and Hip thrust.
- Stronger Lower Body
As I stated earlier, it engages primarily glutes and secondly core, hamstring, calves, and quads.
- Donkey kickback
- Crossover kickback
- Hip bridge