How to do Soleus Stretch?
Stretch with A Wall
- Stand against a wall and place your hands flat on the wall at shoulder height and shoulder-width apart.
- Your distance with the wall shoulder is approx one foot.
- Then move your one leg back.
- Slowly lean a little bit toward the wall bending your knees.
- Keep in mind your heels would always be in touch with the ground.
- Feel stretch in soleus.
- If you are not feeling stress in your soleus muscle, move your legs a little away from the wall.
- Afterward, repeat this with the other leg.
Stretch with Stairs
- Stand on a stair with the balls of your feet on the edge of the stairs.
- Slightly push your heels down and bend your knees so that you feel stretch in soleus.
- Repeat this with another leg too.
Stretch with A Band
- Seat comfortably on a clean floor (using a mat would be better) and bend your one knee so that your foot lie flat against the floor.
- Then use a resistance band to stretch the muscles.
- Feel the stretch on muscles.
Few other ways to remove the strain of Soleus Muscle
- Use a ball/roller to massage your leg.
- Stand on a clean floor or use a mat.
- Place ball/roller under your Soleus muscle and place your hand flat on the floor.
- And then move slowly. It will help to loosen the muscles and reduce the strain.
Difference between Soleus and Gastroc Stretch
Gastroc Stretch’s primary focuses are the Calf muscle whereas, Soleus Stretch’s primary focus is the Soleus muscle.
Ways to do them are also different.