Yes, Yoga can be done in the evening. Due to our hectic life, we do not leave with much time for Yoga. Whenever we thought of doing Yoga, the only time that came to our mind is the evening. Yoga benefits the most when done in the right way.
Tips To Do Yoga in the evening
- Do not practice Yoga after a meal.
Doing Yoga just after a meal is not considered good. When we do Yoga, blood starts flowing to our whole body that makes less blood flow in our stomach. Food needs blood to digest. So, Yoga just after a meal can disturb the digestion.
- Avoid doing Yoga outdoor when it’s cold winds.
- Do Yoga in a serene environment when commotion is not there.
- Always do Yoga on the mat rather than on just the mere floor.
- Make sure to keep you active while doing Yoga in the late evening.
- Yoga posture like Trikonasana (Triangle Pose ),
Prasaritapadottanasana (Stand wide-legged Forward Fold ), Malasana (Garland Pose ), etc will suit you the best.
- Avoid doing tough Yoga Poses, and replace them with some gentle ones.
- Vajrasana is the only Yoga Posture that can be done just after a meal.
Benefits of doing Yoga in the evening
Working throughout the can be hectic and makes our body, mind, and muscles get tired. Yoga can help to regain lost energy and help better sleep and can improve immunity.
Yoga postures that promote sleep
- Balasana(Wide Knee Child Pose )
- Uttasana (Standing Forward Bend )
- ArdhaUttasan (Stand Half Forward Bent At The Wall)
The best time to do Yoga is the time that fits you the best.
Let Yoga fit into your schedule, instead of trying to fit your schedule around Yoga.
But avoid Yoga after a heavy meal, wait for at least 3 to 4 hours after a meal to practice Yoga.